Manu Crescent Private Kindergarten was established in 1992 to cater for the learning needs of small children within a small group size. The founding principles are still with us today making Manu Kindergarten a true ‘children’s garden’. The guiding principles are as follows:
- A small group which gives the teachers the ability to individualise the programme.
- The opportunity for children to be involved in a natural environment.
- Children and staff have flexibility within the centres programme.
- Flexibility of time management, rather than adult routines dictating how the children play.
- Children have ownership and take responsibility for the environment and know where to gather additional resources for their learning.